Based in Saint-Martin-Choquel, in the "Boulonnais", the land of Faience, l'Escargotiere du Choquel opened its doors in May 2001. The snails farm raises gray large snails (Helix aspersa maxima). The breeding season begins in March by the reproductive phase, May the spat are "dropped" in outdoor parks to be picked up in October, to cook them in a laboratory CE, for your pleasure. The sale takes place on the farm, or at gastronomic fairs, and several local stores.
We welcome you from March to October for you to discover the small world of snails.
For groups (from 15 room for 60 people) two possibilities :
• Groups of adults : 4.25€ / person (tasting included)
• Groups of children : 3.60€ / person (without tasting)
If you wish we can organize a day of exploring the region by offering you another visit (pottery village of arts and crafts ...), excursions, as well as solutions for restoration. For schools the visit ends with the production of a mini-farming, which you can observe in the classroom. Individuals, contact me.
Snails terrines, snails in broth, in Burgundy, Roquefort, the nuts in shell, croquille...
Discover on-site or at regional markets our products.
New in 2016: snails with garlic butter sauce and sauce meurette snails.
Professionals, please contact us for specific pricing.
Several times a year we organize events to discover our products to the public and those of other colleagues.
• July 1 to August 15, every Wednesday night at 19 pm : night tour of the breeding and tasting buffet (only on reservation, minimum 15 people, rates according to tasting).
• Also (and always from 1 July to 15 August) on Tuesday from at 18h : tour and tasting of the snail farm (5.00€).
A question, or information, do not hesitate to contact us,
• by e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
• by phone at +33 3 21 83 03 13 or +33 6 03 59 86 77
Our selection of links in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais and on the Opal Coast.